Friday, November 7, 2008
City Club of Washington at Columbia Square
555 13th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Sandra Wills Hannon, Ph.D., APR, Founder and Owner, the Hannon Group participated as a panelist for the workshop along with Susan Rink, Principal, Rink Strategic Communications.
In this program, attendees learned what cost-effective research tools they could use to gather data from customers, employees and the marketplace.
Using real examples and case studies, the panelists explored the following questions:
- What is market research?
- What is the difference between quantitative and qualitative research? What are the advantages and drawbacks of each type?
- What research tools are most appropriate for my business or organization?
- What are the steps in the research process?
- Which tools are best to gather data about my customers and the marketplace?
- How can I use research tools internally to gather internal data in my organization?
- How do I ensure employee participation in my research efforts?
- What can I do on my own, and when should I hire a specialist to help me?
- How much can I expect to pay for market research services from an outside consultant?
- How can I use the research data I collect to plan and make better decisions